Friday, January 4, 2013

A Great Find

Thursday is my Salvation Army browsing day.  My children think I am a little crazy, but they have benefited from some of the items we have up-cycled.  Well, I was just delighted with my find last night.  It is not quilt related at all, but I thought I would post about it because it was exciting to me.  The cost of $2.95.

Do you know what this is?  Do you have one in your cupboard?  My husband had no idea what one of these were when we got married, but I told him I couldn't live without it.





















This is exactly like the one my grandmother and my mother had...and it was made in Canada!  Somehow the cord wasn't with it, but that didn't stop me.  A trip to the hardware, and another $2.95, and presto....Beautiful hard boiled eggs!!


I hope you enjoyed my crazy post.  I would love to know if you knew what this was, and if you have one sitting in your own cupboard.



3 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

That is too funny! I had no idea what it was either. Great find!

Susan C said...

I never saw one of those before! I "won" a guess-what-this-object-is contest and need to provide an object for the next ingest. Will have to check out thrift stores, just hope I find something that I know what it is!

Kristie said...

Great deal! I haven't seen one of those in a very long time.

Have a wonderful and Blessed day
Kristie