All my kids were up nice an early today. They were eager to go back to school. I don't know how long this will last, but I am going to enjoy it while I can.
I have already started working hard on my August goals. I ran into a few problems. Do you see anything unusual about this design?
I guess I still haven't learned that symmetrical designs such as a log cabin need an even number of rows and columns. I triple counted the blocks. I had 56 blocks - yep, I planned to do a 7 X 8 block setting. I had my little tantrum, then I got busy and cut out 8 more blocks. The good news is I had plenty of scraps just waiting to be made into the 8 additional blocks. They are almost completed then I will be ready to start my first August goal. I love how the different shades of black play with each other.
I started working on my second goal for August at the sew day last Sunday. I have the quilt sew into 16 block sections. This is my go to pattern for leftover bits of jelly roll strips. This type of design needs an ODD number of rows and columns. I like to start and end the rows the same (either horizontal or vertical).
I laid out my sections of blocks to see how they looked. I like how the quilt looks, but I think perhaps I should make it a little larger to fit a twin bed. As it it, it will be a large lap quilt.