Thursday, February 13, 2014

Almost Friday

I am hoping for a Friday finish this week.  I didn't have anything to report last week and I was sad.  I have my plus quilt in columns.

I am hoping for a little Olympic sewing tonight.  Aren't the patchwork ski jackets amazing?  That was the first thing I noticed during the skiing competition.  It makes me want to make a quilt with those low volume colors.






















I am really looking forward to retreat sewing this weekend.  I plan to put the borders on 2 quilts and work on some new stuff.

I have the border pieces mostly pieced for my country log cabin quilt.  I should be able to complete the adding border portion of my goals for this month.






I am having lots of trouble trying to decide what fabrics I want to work with! I am anxious to play with the Hex N More ruler.  I will be working on small projects like baby quilts or pillows so I don't generate more UFOs.  There are so many fun things you can create with the hexagons and half hexagons that don't require set in seams.

It looks like we are going to have some melting tomorrow.  I was secretly hoping for a few more snow days this winter (sorry Ellen)



No comments: