Monday, February 24, 2014

Design Wall Monday

Last week was so busy, and this one is going to be even busier.  I probably won't be posting any more this week.  I didn't get any sewing done after I finished putting my plus quilt together.  I did pull out the next 2 project to be completed.

This sealed envelope is what will be consuming all my time this week.  My daughter's destination for next year is sealed in it.  She has been accepted by the Rotary Youth Exchange program and her country assignment is inside.  We received it on Saturday, and we are planning a reveal party for this coming Sunday.  We came up with the idea because every day at least 3 or 4 people asked us if we knew where she was going next year.  It is so exciting for all of us!

The project on the left is from a Lewis and Clark journey.  I have 12 blocks and I am not sure how I want to set them.  I believe I want to make 12 more alternate blocks.  I may even set them straights.

The other blocks are more sampler blocks.  They are also 12".  They definitely look better square than long.  I won't get to them this week, but having them out is the first step to finishing them.

I did manage to finish the binding on Kameryn's quilt during my orientation this weekend.  I still have to add the label then it will be ready to gift before the first birthday.







































Stop over to Judy's to see what others are working on this week.

2 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

Your blocks are looking lovely. I look forward to seeing how they end up.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I would not be able to wait to open that envelope! Love that quilt.