Wednesday, February 5, 2014

WIP Wednesday

This is the view out my window, so I have no where to go today!!  I am thankful for the snow for this reason (and it's beauty).  It is really coming down and there is no sign of it stopping yet.

I am quilting this beauty today.  No pressure or anything.  The quiltmaker spent her whole life making it and never got it finished (did I mention no pressure)

Each hexie flower measures about 4 1/2" - they are tiny!  They are also pieced by hand with about an 1/8" seam allowance





 This is what the back looks like!!

 There was no way I was going to attempt to iron it before quilting.  I hope to get it quilted today, so send me all your quilt Karma.

In anticipation of the snow, I made bindings for 8 quilts last night.  I hope to get some of these stitched on in the midst of quilting.  So far so good on the goals for this month.




No comments: